Ability to filter\hide closed and resolved work items?

Dec 12, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Hi.

Thank you very much for Work Item Visualization 1.0! :)

I am wondering if I can currently filter the output so that closed and resolved work items are not shown (ex. hidden)?

I am using Visual Studio 2010 Premium.

I'm not able to use the "Architecture Explorer" because I don't have Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.

If this feature is not in v1.0, is it planned in v2.0?

Is this feature already implemented in source?

For example, I noticed Changeset 51350's comments: "Included a query editor to allow editing an executed query or running ad hoc queries".  Will this allow me to add a criteria to the query so that "State <> Closed AND State <> Resolved" for example?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2011 at 3:57 PM

That feature is already in source code, but not yet released (you can allways get the code and compile it yourself). But it probably doesn't work as you expect. It will allow you to write the query on the fly without having to use Team Explorer to write it and save it.

So it it is a way to achieve faster something you can already do that, define your own queries. 
I say it doesn't work the way you are thinking, because your query may define that some states are ommitted (you can already to that today), that is used to get the initial work items. The visualizer may still pick up for visualization closed work items (or resolved) by transitivity 

There are no plans to filter items by user chosen criteria (other than the queries)